Sunday, November 30, 2014

Making the transfer calls . . . busy office work, but we still managed some time for finding and teaching

Hey everyone! Fun day today; it is transfer weekend and today was my first time at the helm actually making the transfer phone calls. It was way fun to talk to everybody and hear their reactions over the phone. Most of our missionaries are happy missionaries, but a couple not so happy campers as well....haha. It has been such a rewarding experience though, working with President Yamashita as we planned together for where to send our missionaries and how to help the ones who are struggling. President Yamashita handles each situation with so much love and care. I am inspired by his example.

Despite the busy work in the office this week, Elder Sugimoto and I still managed to find some time to leave the office and go out and do some finding and teaching. We were blessed with great success and found a lot of new investigators and had some very powerful lessons. I have loved working with Elder Sugimoto and seeing so many miracles, no matter how small or large they may be. We have several people who are so close to baptism and are developing real, concrete faith in Jesus Christ. I love teaching people about this amazing message.

Fun fact: The subject of this video (John) is a member of the ward I am currently serving in. Way cool guy, way cool family. He is Canadian and his wife is Japanese.

we have a great group in the mission office . . . only one's a real muffin-head
We actually had an earthquake this past week, which apparently we were supposed to have felt, but I felt.......nothing. However I received a few calls from missionaries who were closer to the epicenter letting us know what happened, that they felt everything shaking for about 15-20 seconds. No one was hurt and there was no damage though, and honestly I`m a little jealous that I missed out on the action! 

Not a whole lot more time this morning but I just want to let you all know how much I love and miss you! Thank you so much for all you do! Mom my package has been located, it has been sitting in the Okazaki apartment for several weeks (the Elders there forgot to tell me, hahaha....). Also Dad I received my driving record in the mail last week, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I passed the written test earlier this week and I have the practical driving test next week, which if I pass will finally bring me to the end of this bureaucratic battle and allow me to receive my Japanese driver`s license. Apparently the driving test is super strict, but I think it will be okay.

Love you all so much! Life is great here and I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!

Peace and love,
Elder Naylor
ネイラー長老

No comments:

Post a Comment