Sunday, November 16, 2014

Dendo fire!

After the sudden transfer, everything was kind of a blur. But I am slowly adjusting to the new missionary lifestyle. We are rarely in our own area for more than a few days at a time, because we travel all over the mission given training to missionaries or doing companion exchanges. It is a way cool experience getting to know all of the other missionaries one on one and seeing all of their wonderful examples. I have especially enjoyed working with President Yamashita. He is one of the most Christlike people I have ever met, and the love and care that he takes for each of his missionaries is so impressive. I have already learned so much over this past week here in the office.

This week we had some cool experiences. We went up to Kanazawa, one of the northern reaches of the mission, to do an exchange with the zone leaders there. We spent all day out in the rain trying to find new investigators, and we were blessed with much success. The people up there were so kind and seemed more interested than usual in what we had to say. It was a surreal experience standing in the pouring rain preaching to a young man who was interested enough in the message that we had that he stayed to listen, despite how cold and wet it was. I was impressed by his sincere desire to learn.

And this morning we went to a soccer activity with some church members and were surprised to see that one of them brought his friend, and then we all four went together to show his friend the church building and ended up teaching him all about the Book of Mormon and what we believe. He was very intrigued and agreed to come meet us at the church again tomorrow. I was so impressed with how quickly and readily the church member wanted to share the Gospel with his friend. I love seeing that "dendo fire" in people`s eyes (dendo  = missionary work).

My new companion, Elder S, is awesome. I have known him since the beginning of my mission, and we have always been great friends. He is the senior assistant right now and has been helping me out a lot with learning my new responsibilities. I am so grateful for his patience and friendship, especially because I mess up so much and am way too inadequate for this responsibility, haha. But he has been great. He is Japanese but is very fluent in English, so we talk in Japanese maybe only about half the time. He wants to continue learning, so he will often talk to me in English. I love teaching together with him.....

our district in northern Nagoya--with my new companion. Elder S is wearing a gray suit

Last night we had an amazing lesson with a new investigator, Y. We taught him the Plan of Salvation and emphasized why we need a Savior. I was so impressed with Elder S`s teaching skills, and I felt like we taught together in good unity. I am really enjoying working with him.

I don`t have too much more time, but I just want to let you all know how much I love you. Thank you for always being there and supporting me in my weaknesses. The Lord is helping me as I work to turn those weaknesses into strengths, and for that I am forever grateful.

Peace and love,
Elder Naylor

No comments:

Post a Comment