Monday, November 24, 2014

A distinct feeling inside

Dearest Family and Friends,

What a fun week! We spent pretty much the entire week traveling all over the mission doing exchanges with the zone leaders. Loved seeing some new areas while also having the chance to return to some old familiar areas as well. This week was just full of miracles big and small.

Rather than relay the experiences of the week though, I would like to mention something that has been on my mind a lot recently. There was a talk given recently at this past General Conference entitled "Which Way Do You Face?" that really had a big effect on me. It has mainly made me think about how well I should be putting God first in my life, and especially how well I should be representing the Savior as a missionary.

Through my pondering I have learned more fully how absolutely un-important the things of this world are compared with the things of God. There is a quote by a United States president that I really like that has stuck in my head the past few years: "What matters is not wealth or status or fame; what matters is how well we have loved." I believe this with all of my heart. The things of the world are of material value and therefore, in the eternal perspective, worthless. Wealth will die with the individual, status will die with time, and fame will disintegrate in a world of constantly changing values. But God is unchanging and eternal. When we put God first in our life, we are choosing to be truly happy.

in the mission home
It is not easy, though, at least in the beginning. But I can testify from my heart and my experience that the closer you bring yourself to Heavenly Father, the happier and more fulfilling your life is.

My weaknesses and shortcomings have been very stressful for me to try and overcome, but I feel so strongly and surely that God can help us accomplish anything. When we are weak, He makes us strong. I have experienced this enabling power over and over again. If you want to know what this feels like for me, it is hard to describe and yet so recognizable. When I pray and ask forgiveness or help, I can feel whisperings within my soul that strengthen and encourage me. I don`t think I have ever heard a physical voice from heaven, but I have experienced many times a distinct feeling inside. This is the way God usually speaks to us. Our spirits lodged within our bodies feel and communicate in a different way than regular human senses, and therefore the Spirit speaks to us in ways that may be difficult to understand but are nevertheless very real and very powerful. 
I can never deny the truth of the things that I now know and hold so dear. I love the plans that my Father has in store for me, though I know not what specifically they may be. And I especially love telling people who don't yet know God about the plans that He has in store for them, and watch as they feel the change in their lives. It is a privilege and a blessing to be a witness and participant of this great Work!

I pray that we may never forget which way we face, that we may always strive to face God and put Him first in our lives. As we do so, others will come to know Him through our example. This is not mere religion or mere Christianity; these beliefs have been incorporated into my life and I believe that I am shaping the course of my eternal potential. I can`t imagine a life without these eternal truths. I am so grateful that the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith, and that we now know of a surety how to find our way back Home. These are the truths that I hold dear.

I love every one of you so much!

Peace and love,
Elder Naylor
ネイラー長老

PS I LOVE this video! and I thought I would share it with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment