Monday, October 27, 2014

He involves US in the work of salvation

Hello everyone!!!!

Well transfer calls have occurred again and I will be staying in Okazaki, but I will be getting a new companion! He is Japanese and I already know him really well, name is Elder Y and he is a total bro. I`ll let you know more about him next week. Elder Ch is heading off to Fukui, clear on the other side of the mission, up in the land of snow and ice. Hope he has a good winter up there, haha. We`ve had a great time together working as zone leaders and I am gonna miss his company. He`s a good guy. Elder Y will be a brand new zone leader with me so it`ll be fun to introduce him to the zone. I`m way stoking for this new transfer.

We`ve hit kinda a rough patch lately as far as finding and teaching goes, but we are still out working as much as we can. This past week we had a big Halloween party at the church, and we were in charge of making sure it was fun and scary and family-friendly. Had a great time planning it all out. A lot of people came, including several investigators, and we (the missionaries) did a big dance in front of everyone and scared all the kids. Super fun.

 Lately I have been studying a lot about Christlike attributes. One of the things I love about missionary work is how the Lord uses it as a way to edify all people involved. Of course, if He so desired, the Lord could absolutely do all the work Himself. But He involves us in the work of salvation because it is an opportunity to help us build ourselves up in the process of building up others around us. Our time here on earth is so short compared with eternity, and we need to use all the time we possibly can to build ourselves into better people and prepare ourselves to meet God. 


This time here in Japan has been an immense growing experience for me as I strive to follow the example of the Savior. Not a single day goes by that I don`t get frustrated with myself for all of my weaknesses and shortcomings...but the infinite enabling power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ allows us to overcome these things, and that gives me hope. 



The entire Gospel of Jesus Christ gives me hope. In my times of deepest discouragement and disappointment, He has always been there. I can`t really put into words how grateful I am for that. In a world of lies and hatred and violence and sin, God`s light is constant and unwavering, always ready to guide the honestly seeking heart. I can`t imagine a world without God`s light. And the opportunity to be even a small channel bringing rays of that light here to the Land of the Rising Sun is a blessing beyond compare.



light in the darkness
To those of you who ever feel lonely or lost, I testify that you are never truly alone. Heavenly Father knows you better than you know yourself. The infinite Supreme Creator of the cosmos knows your name. Your anxieties are His anxieties. Your concerns are His concerns. And He thinks the world of you. I have been strengthened immensely by the power of prayer and just knowing that He is there.

I pray for all of you. Thank you for your prayers, they have been much needed and greatly cherished. I love all of you so much!!

Peace and love to all the world,
Elder Naylor
ネイラー長老

Pics: Two of the coolest kids ever. We teach English to them and their parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment