Monday, October 20, 2014

Every time we see him he seems even happier

Konnichiest of wa`s to everyone! Hope you have all had a great week!!

Yesterday we had another big typhoon, lots of fun. It had calmed down quite a bit by the time it reached us here in central Japan, but still caused a lot of trouble. It was fun trying to talk to people on the street yesterday in the wind and rain, but ultimately not super effective because everyone was trying to run inside and get away from the weather, and not too keen on listening to a couple of crazy Americans out on the street, haha. Still fun, though.

General Conference was awesome, I really enjoyed the theme about the sustaining of prophets, the importance of the Sacrament, and our personal worth as sons and daughters of God. I have been pondering that last point quite a bit lately, and indeed one of my favorite parts of the Gospel is the way that it helps us understand how special we really are. We are sons and daughters of a Supreme Being, all-knowing, and infinitely full of love. He is always there for you and for me, and this is knowledge for which I am eternally grateful.

Our new convert is doing great, every time we see him he seems even happier. It is the greatest thing ever to see the joy that the Gospel has brought to him.

I am sorry to keep my message short this week, but I just love it out here. God is real. His light is real. And He will never forsake us. I never get tired of proclaiming that truth loud and clear to the world, hoping to penetrate the depths of the loneliest and most broken hearts of humanity. Let them come and feast on the love of God, which all of us may partake of freely and gladly.  


Oh all ye that are pure in heart
Lift up your heads, and receive the pleasing word of God,
and feast upon his love; for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever.
~Jacob 3:2, a scripture that has been in my mind a lot

I love you all so much! Thank you for being there :)

Peace and love,
Elder Naylor
ネイラー長老

There are still ways of getting hold of (instant) Idaho potatoes, even in Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment