Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Oi, tudo bem

Hello from Okazaki!!! Life is good here. This past week was great. Not a whole lot of time today (one computer to divide between 6 missionaries in this area, haha) so I will keep this short.

One perk of zone leader life is companion exchanges with the assistants to the president. It`s super fun. I have known the current assistants (Elder Lazaro and Elder Shimbashi) for most of my mission and we are great friends. We had a fantastic time this week working with them here in Okazaki as well as going back with them to Meito (in Nagoya) to work with some of their investigators there. I was paired up with Elder Shimbashi both days and we saw some amazing miracles. One of their investigators has committed to baptism next month. Awesome stuff.

Right now Elder A and I have a lot of investigators, and about 80% of them are Brazilian. I have had to really knuckle down focus on learning Portuguese in order to speak with these people. I feel like I am a brand new missionary all over again1 We are celebrating because now I can pray in Portuguese during lessons with Brazilian investigators and I can even bear a simple testimony. Elder A is helping me learn this new language, and in exchange I am helping him with both English and Japanese. I can't remember which language to think in.

Fun fact: I officially hit my 1-year mark this week! (no Eric, I did not burn a necktie, that`s a fire hazard). But we went out to have sushi in celebration. Not really sure what we were celebrating, but it felt like a big day because (1) it was exactly three years since I joined the Coast Guard back in 2011, (2) it was exactly one year since I came on my mission, and (3) it was our church member friend`s birthday. Good stuff.

Our investigator Hiroto is still on track to receive baptism this next month. We are so excited for him!

Even though a lot has happened and we have been working hard and seeing great things, that might be about all I have time to share this week. Thank you everyone so much for your prayers and support. I can feel it. I love you all so much.

Peace and love,
Elder Naylor

ネイラー長老

No comments:

Post a Comment