Monday, January 12, 2015

Hope the building doesn't blow up!

Hey friends and familial units!!

Sorry it's a short one this week, we are in the middle of transfers and it is kinda busy. But I wanted to let you know that we have a new Assistant here in the office, my new companion Elder E! He is one of my great friends, we were in the same MTC district and came to Japan together. He is from St. George, Utah. Great guy, loves to crack jokes and his Japanese is WAY good, much better than me, haha. I am looking forward to a fun couple months with him.

Elder E is behind me, wearing the red sweater
Our next big step for this transfer is to prepare for Elder M. Russell Ballard to come visit the mission next month, along with several other General Authorities (Elder Rasband, Bishop Stevenson, Elder Aoyagi, and of course President Yamashita).

That's a lot of authority to fit under one roof, hopefully the building doesn't blow up, haha.

Dad, I love your idea of studying the Book of Mormon again. I have come to love and cherish that book so much, and I like your method of reading it. I am currently re-reading the Old Testament again in the same way, trying to find the things that apply to me currently and contribute to strengthening my testimony. I have found so much already. I am right now in the middle of the book of Exodus. I am also re-reading the New Testament again as invited by President Yamashita to prepare for Elder Ballard's visit. So much good stuff to read and so little time. I love the scriptures.

I am sad to hear about Dale Reed passing away. I remember him very well, he was a wonderful home teacher. I will really miss him. Sister Reed will be in my prayers.

I love you so much and thank you for your constant support. Hope you are having a wonderful week. Still no word about the Coast Guard yet, hopefully soon.

Love always,
Elder Naylor
ネイラー長老

ping pong is huge in Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment