Monday, January 19, 2015

A baptism in our ward: welcome T-san!

Hey everyone,

It's been a busy week here in Japan land. We got a whole herd of new missionaries while simultaneously having to say goodbye to a few. I was sad to say goodbye to one of my beloved former companions, Elder Ch, who had a hard mission but finished all the way up to the end and got to have some special experiences. I will miss him a lot.

The best news of the week was the baptism of T-san!

The zone leaders taught T-san, and a great member of the ward, H-san, baptized him. I got to work with T-san a few times. Wonderful man, wonderful new member.

I just want to share how much I love being a missionary. Don't get the wrong message when I say I don't want to come home, because I still really do miss all of you so very much, but I just have never been happier than I am here teaching people about Jesus Christ. And I know that the people accepting our message have never been happier, either. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the greatest gift to the world.

But I also do love and miss my family and friends so much. You are all so special to me and your love and support have been such a great help. Japan is such a wonderful place. I have fallen in love with the culture, the language, and especially the people.

I failed the driving test again for my Japanese drivers' license (they are so strict), but third time's a charm. I will get it next time. I take the test again on February 5th.

I hope you all have had a fantastic week. Japan says hello. It is cold here, haha. Hope you are all staying warm as well.

Peace and love,
Elder Naylor
ネイラー長老

No comments:

Post a Comment