Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Our most important news . . .

Been a big week here . . .are you ready for this?? we have a baptism coming up this month!!! May 24th, our investigator, O-san, is preparing to make his sacred covenant with our Heavenly Father and enter into the waters of baptism. We are SO excited for him. He is a miracle investigator....showed up randomly in front of the church one morning several weeks ago and from then on he has been hearing the lessons and progressing so well. The members are building good relationships with him and he loves coming to church. This will be the first baptism I will actually see in Japan so far! I am beyond excited. This will be a life-changing event for him.

In other news, transfer calls came this past Saturday, and it looks like things are gonna change a little bit around here.

First of all, my companion, Elder Ch, is transferring up to Nagano! He has been serving here in Fukuroi for 9 months, and all the people here love him and are really going to miss him. He has been a great companion and I have learned so much from him. I am really going to miss him, too.

farewell sushi
And then comes the scary part. I am getting hit with a double-whammy this transfer as I am going to become a trainer as well as a new district leader. Goodbye to all free-time!! Hahaha. I am both nervous and pretty excited. My new companion is going to be brand-new, fresh from the MTC....still have no idea who it will be. I find out on Wednesday. I`ll let you know how it goes!! This week is probably going to be fairly overwhelming.

We have been seeing a lot of miracles in Fukuroi lately. Right now we are teaching 17 investigators, and they are all becoming wonderful friends. I am really coming to love these people. I hope that I can continue to see success in this area after Elder Ch leaves, as he has been the primary drive behind us having so many good experiences. It`s going to be extremely busy from here on out, but I like being busy.

our district in Fukuroi
I want to let you all know that I am so grateful for your love and support. I have been so blessed with amazing friends and family. I am grateful for my Father in Heaven, who never stops pouring out blessings on me. I testify that this, the work of salvation, is the best work we can ever be involved in. It is such a great work.

I love you all so much!!!

Peace and love,
Elder Naylor

ネイラー長老

fishtailing at the Nagoya castle

No comments:

Post a Comment