Friday, May 30, 2014

A very special day

Greetings!

Yesterday was one of the best days ever. O-san was baptized. The Spirit was so strong. The greatest blessing was just seeing how happy this wonderful man is. He is a very special guy . . . so humble and trusting. He really loves God the Father and Jesus Christ, and he is so happy to be a member of the Church. And all the branch members have been so welcoming and kind. Several people brought him gifts. I was honored to give him one of my white shirts and a tie. He has very little, but he is so happy. An awesome guy.

O-san was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
 24 May 2014
I was honored when O-san asked me to do the baptism and confirmation. It was my first time for both, and I was nervous. But it went well. So happy!

And it came to pass that Alma said unto them: Behold, here are the waters . . . and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another's burdens, that they may be light;

Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all t hings, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God . . . that ye may have eternal life

Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being baptized in the name of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a covenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his Spirit more abundantly upon you?

And now when the people had heard these words, they clapped their hands for joy, and exclaimed: This is the desire of our hearts.

And now it came to pass that Alma took Helam, he being one of the first, and went and stood forth in the water, and cried, saying: O Lord, pour out thy Spirit upon thy servant, that he may do this work with holiness of heart.

. . . and the Spirit of the Lord was upon him, and he said: Helam, I baptize thee, having authority from the Almighty God, as a tesimony that ye have entered into a covenant to serve him until you are dead as to the mortal body; and may the Spirit of the Lord be poured out upon you; and may he grant unto you eternal life, through the redemption of Christ, whom he has prepared from the foundation of the world.

. . . and both Alma and Helam were buried in the water; and they arose and came forth out of the water rejoicing, being filled with the Spirit. (Mosiah 18)

I love this work! I love my father in heaven! I love all of you!

Elder Naylor

ネイラー長老

PS Dad, I have contacted my commanding officer as directed. Looking forward to returning to the wonderful CGA in a years time. Shout OUT to all my Coast Guard friends. Until then, I'm happy to be here in Japan serving the Lord. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment