Sunday, November 17, 2013

ひさしぶり!(Long Time No See . . . )

What`s up,

I guess I can`t really see you guys right now, so that doesn`t make too much sense....but it will make sense in about a month from now!! That`s right Mom and Dad, warm up the Skype app because I will be able to Skype you guys around Christmas. Awesome. It`ll be nice to see your faces again.

But until then, Elder A and I have work to do. Transfer calls came and went last week, and we aren`t going anywhere, so we`ve got at least another six weeks to labor here in beautiful Ichinomiya land and continue to bring the souls of this city to a knowledge of their beloved Redeemer, Jesus Christ. What a fantastic calling this is.

Ichinomiya sunset
N-san is continuing to progress. We`re trying to help him understand how to recognize answers to prayers, and therefore be able to proceed forward with making a baptismal date with us. We`ve built such a strong friendship with him at this point, that meeting with him doesn`t even feel so much like a "lesson" per se, but more like a high-quality gospel discussion with a close friend. He`s a wonderful guy, and has such a strong desire to make good choices. He loves the church and the gospel. He just needs that slight extra push to take that leap of faith and cannonball into the waters of baptism (is that proper to say? haha).

We teach the Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Jesus Christ
We`ve been struggling to make contact with K-san, who has been home from Israel for several weeks now. He got extremely sick when he came home, but he should be well by now. So after trying in vain to call him many times, later today we`re just gonna take that hour-long bike ride to his house over in the next city and see if we can`t just make face to face contact with the guy. I`ll let you know how that goes.

We had an excellent lesson with the Y family last night. At this point, they`ve really heard everything they need to hear about the gospel, and now it`s up to them to act. They`ve expressed many times how much they love missionaries and the church, but they are still somewhat apprehensive about actually joining with the church and taking that leap of faith. We love them so much and desire for them to partake of this boundless joy that the gospel brings, but it`s important for them to act as well. We are praying that they will have a desire to do so. We still meet with them every week. Wonderful family. So kind and fun to spend time with.

We were unable to meet with any of our other investigators this past week, but I`ll let you know next week how things go this week.

It was AWESOME to see Grandma and Grandpa! I was so surprised that I was even allowed to see them! I just assumed that I wouldn`t be able to, and I was fine with it, but what a pleasant surprise it was to actually get to see them in person. Fantastic experience. 

Elder and Sister Beus, aka GRANDPA AND GRANDMA
Nothing too crazy happened last week....pretty normal week I guess. I came freakishly close to getting hit by a car like three separate times last week, so I guess that was kinda freaky. I`m gonna be honest, drivers in Japan are nuts. I would never want to learn how to drive here, haha.

I am humbled by all the news I am hearing about the devastation from the typhoon in the Philippines. My heart goes out to all those affected by the destruction, including the missionaries. I`ve been hearing some miraculous stories already about how lives have been saved down there. So inspiring.

I love it here, and couldn`t be happier. Serving a mission is the best thing that has ever happened to me so far. I love all of you as well. Stand tall and proud with the knowledge that you are a child of an incomprehensibly loving and caring Eternal Father who reigns above the cosmos and watches over His children individually and tenderly. What an amazing blessing!

Peace and love,


Elder Naylor 

Children of God

No comments:

Post a Comment