Monday, June 9, 2014

We are building good, solid relationships

Hey everyone,

I`m sorry I`m going to have to keep this email short. Time has disappeared within the past few weeks, haha. Notable events from this past week:
  • We have been finding new investigators! Lots of people are crossing our path who seem very prepared to hear about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
  • Our recent convert, Brother O-san, is doing very well. The branch is helping him gain his footing as he gets used to membership in the Church. He has never known about Christianity at all in his life up until about two months ago when we met him for the first time, so it all is still very new to him.
  • We are building a really good, solid relationship with the family of a woman that we met a couple weeks ago named Ume-san. She helped us out when we knocked on her door a couple weeks ago asking her to help us find an address nearby. In time we were able to testify to her that she can see her deceased husband again someday.
  • My companion is awesome, and I love training him. He is teaching me much more than I am teaching him.
  • This district is doing so well. We have baptisms coming up this month for several people, and I can`t even express how happy I am to see my district performing so well. It is an honor to serve with these wonderful missionaries.
  • Our district went to the beach last week for a district activity. Super fun. I miss the ocean so much.
  • Elder Schmeil and I had an epic battle with a spider-demon as big as my hand that was hiding behind the soap bottle on the sink in the bathroom in our apartment this week. I took a video, but unfortunately I can`t send it over email. You`ll have to wait patiently to see it in a year. I assure you though, it was epic, like fighting Shelob in Lord of the Rings. But now I shudder with the knowledge that even our apartment is not safe anymore.
I am very happy here in Japan. I love serving the Lord here. And I know without a doubt in my soul that this Gospel is true, and more than anything that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Savior of all mankind, and He loves us more than ANYTHING.
I love all of you so much! Thank you for everything. You all mean so much to me.

Peace and love,
Elder Naylor

ネイラー長老

No comments:

Post a Comment