Sunday, September 15, 2013

TYPHOON!!


Hbello evberyone...

Pblease fborgive mby pboor hbandwrbiting....I`m strbuggling to bbreathe undber all thbis wbater. Thbere`s a tbyphoon pbassing thbrough tboday!!

Actually the rain`s not that bad. We went out running in it for our exercise this morning, and it was a blast. Super wet though!!

Japan is doing great. This week has been awesome. On Tuesday, we met with one of our potential investigators, F-san, and spent about 3 hours with him. He`s awesome. He investigated the church about 3 years ago, and he accepted everything except tithing. Since he couldn`t get over that hurdle, he was dropped, and hasn`t heard from the missionaries since. Elder Heo and I decided to contact him again last week though, and he was so happy to see us. He LOVES missionaries. This past Tuesday, he RENTED A CAR so he could take us to lunch and then go see the Ichinomiya Tower. WHAT A BRO!!! Seriously, awesome guy. We had so much fun with him. The BBQ he took us to was cool....they bring you raw meat and then you cook your own food right there on a skillet at your table. Delicious. 

The Tower was awesome. We could see four cities from all directions....Gifu, Inuyama (which literally means "Dog Mountain"), Nagoya, and Ichinomiya. We didn`t talk any gospel with him except to find out what he`s learned from other missionaries (basically everything), but we`re meeting with him again tomorrow to have an actual lesson. Legit.

Ichinomiya Tower
N-san is still doing great. We got to have dinner with him at a member`s house on Thursday (the Kotare family). Elder H boldly assigned me to direct the lesson....crazy, right? I`m just a humble bean-chan (Japanese equivalent of "greenie," or brand new missionary). My Japanese is awful compared to my companion`s (compared to anyone, actually). But it went well. The Spirit really does help a lot. We shared 2 Nephi 31:12-13 and talked about baptism and the Gift of the Holy Ghost. Awesome stuff. I love Nonogaki so much. He`s such a funny guy. And I think I told you he also speaks fluent English, which is a big plus for me, haha.

He that is baptized in  my name, to him will the Father 
give the Holy Ghost, like unto me; wherefore, follow me, 
and do the things which ye have seen me do.
2 Nephi 31:12

We always have miracles, but this week was really cool. On Friday, Elder H and I went down to the main Ichinomiya train station to talk to people....there`s a mall there, and it`s right in downtown, so there are always a lot of people. 

We had no luck until AFTER we finished and were on our way back home (funny how that`s always how it happens). Elder H suddenly stopped his bike to talk to these two young teenage boys who were sitting on the sidewalk smoking. I never would`ve thought to stop and talk to them....but my awesome companion was in tune with the Spirit and he did as he was directed. 

We had a nice conversation with them and talked about church, and found out they were both 15 years old. Takeru and Sora were their names. I think they thought we were really weird...couple of guys in white shirts and ties, on bikes, wearing big bulky helmets (NOBODY wears helmets in Japan), one small Korean dude and another fat white guy talking about Jesus, who they`ve never even heard of before. 

BUT we invited them to come follow us and see the church building, which was really close by, and they said yes!! We showed them the chapel and talked to them more about God and what we do at church every week. Then we asked if we could meet again, and they said sure. It was awesome. Two new investigators in just a few minutes. Of course, it was all Elder H and the Spirit.... it was exciting.



I have so much more to talk about but I`m running out of time. I`ll end with something cool. I learned what the "Coast Guard" is called here in Japan: KAIJO HOANKAN. It literally means "Person who Guards on the Sea." Pretty cool. The Coast Guard is a big deal here....they have this really popular TV series about it called "Sea Monkeys".



Japanese food is delicious. The people here are fantastic....I cannot describe the kindness and love that Japanese people have. The church members here LOVE missionaries. They bring us food every week at church. Our cupboards are overflowing!!

This church is so true. This work is eternally relevant and immensely important....the most important working on earth. Bringing souls to Christ and providing a way for them to live together forever. Helamam 3:27-30.....the gate of heaven is open to ALL people. I am so grateful for this work.

I love you all!! Stay happy and stay classy!!

Love always,


Elder Naylor

No comments:

Post a Comment