Monday, August 26, 2013

Travel plans . . . LEGIT!

Monday, 19 August, 2013


We got our travel plans. Can you say ECSTATIC? It's actually almost here. We leave for Japan next Monday (the 26th). Straight twelve hour flight over the north pole from Detroit to Nagoya. Legit.



We feel super confident in the language right now. We've taught two lessons to actual Japanese church members IN JAPAN via Skype, both lessons wonderful. I can now say just about anything I want to say in Japanese, as long as there's a simple way to express it. My companion and I go into every one of our lessons (several each week) with full confidence that we can say everything we need to, and answer questions as well. It is awesome.

Pretty sure all that confidence will be put to shame come next Monday (Tuesday in Japan) when we step off the plane in Nagoya and magically forget everything we learned for the past nine weeks, haha.

Mom, I got the Coast Guard photos Everyone LOVES hearing all my Coast Guard and barracks stories, haha. To any of my CG friends reading this, I think about you guys every day. I hope you're all so happy right now.

Last night we had a shadow puppet show in our room. All the Elders sat on a bottom bunk and we hung a blanket up in front of them, turned out the light, and turned on a flashlight. Another Elder and I made up a story about bunnies and chickens and attempted to act it out using our hands. It was legit.

We (the Elders in my district) will all be traveling on the plane together and spending the first night in Japan together in the mission home. I can tell that we are all going to be lifelong friends. We all get along so well.

My relationship with God has grown through my time here. I have developed a closeness with the Spirit. Being constantly surrounded by people who are striving to come closer to God is a gift and a blessing. I can already see how this mission is going to continue to bless me years down the road.

As for all of you family and friends out there, I love you so much. I have felt your prayers and I think of you often. Thank you so much for your support. I have been flooded with awesome letters. Thank you! It seriously means so much to get a letter from anyone on a mission. Take care!

Mina san o ai shite imasu!
Ganbatte kudasai!

Keigu,
Mata ne,
Elder Naylor

No comments:

Post a Comment